2010年5月16日 星期日

I Love My Church

Why Do We Love Our Church?

Paul said: If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth. (1 Timothy 3:15)
  • Paul was a great leader and example for many Christians. He advised us that we should love our church because the church is God’s household.

Peter said: For you were like sheep going astray, but now you have returned to the shepherd and overseer of your souls. (1 Peter 2:25)

  • We have been wandering around in the past with no direction.
  • We now have been taken care of by of by the church.
  • We belong to one church, one pastor. Our church has been faithful to us.
  • We should be loyal and faithful and serve our own church.

If you are still wandering around now and feel thirsty in your heart, Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)


How Do We Love Our Church?

The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. (1 Corinthians 12:12)
  • In our spiritual family we must use all our abilities to provide all necessities.
  • 1 Corinthians 14:12-26 tells us we are to desire and pray for gifts which edify the church and build the church up.
  • The primary purpose for which all of the spiritual gifts are given is to build up the Church, the Body of Christ.
  • If we reject each other or refuse to perform our own functions because of these differences, the whole Body suffers.
  • Psalms 122:6 tells us to pray for the church, pray for the leaders and pastor.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. (1 John 4:7-11)

  • God is not only living but is also love.
  • Let us spread this love to other people.
  • Invite people to our church, our home, the home of the living God.


Conclusion

Let's make our church a place where people will thirst to come. The place of the living God should be like these verses:

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. (Psalms 84:1-2)

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Psalms 84:10)

3 則留言:

  1. It's slight irrelevant I guess, however, as I went to attend Mayday concert today, I see a very important part of their relationship, the love and bond they have with each other, on stage for 11 years, off stage, I'm sure it's even longer. I hope as group we will grow even stronger bonds, that lasts for decades, because we are a family. As a family, we will be able to reach out to more people, and show them who we truyl are =)

    回覆刪除
  2. Is that Amy?(: Glad you enjoyed the concert, and thanks for sharing~ Yepp I agree, our bond in Christ should be stronger than any bond formed by human efforts!

    回覆刪除
  3. It is great to see Mayday group so united.

    Sometimes I feel outside world unity is so much stronger then church groups. However we must also understand that in church, we cannot choose our brothers and sisters, in the outside world groups we can.

    This is also the amazing thing ... In Christ, we everyone can be united together under Him.

    I wish to see that every body feels they are part of the little church group. Jesus took us in while we were still wandering around. Let's open our hearts and inmitate Jesus and take other newcomers in.

    This new blog is a new excuse to take a break from work @@

    May you all have a lovely day ^_^

    Gary.

    回覆刪除